Sunday, February 6, 2011

Preek 06 Februarie 2011

 Exodus 3 - 4
     Central scripture in my life
     Moses’ story starts off dramatically:
      Hidden in a basket
      Found by the Pharaoh's daughter
      Grows up as Prince of Egypt

 Exodus 3 - 4
     But Moses is no puppet…
     Chooses not to mind his temper
     Chooses to loose his temper to the extent of murdering a fellow Egyptian
     Chooses not to carry the consequences of his actions, but to flee
     End in Midian, minding cattle

 Exodus 3 - 4
     One day, while shepherding his father-in-law’s flock, God catches up with him…
     God appears in a burning bush, with the following message:

 7-8 God said, "I've taken a good, long look at the affliction of my people in Egypt. I've heard their cries for deliverance from their slave masters; I know all about their pain. And now I have come down to help them, pry them loose from the grip of Egypt, get them out of that country and bring them to a good land with wide-open spaces, a land lush with milk and honey…
 9-10 "The Israelite cry for help has come to me, and I've seen for myself how cruelly they're being treated by the Egyptians. It's time for you to go back: I'm sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people, the People of Israel, out of Egypt."

 Exodus 3 - 4
     God’s dream is Moses’ worst nightmare!
     Exodus 3: 11 – “But why me? What makes you think that I could ever go to Pharaoh and lead the children of Israel out of Egypt?”
     Exodus 4: 1 – “They won't trust me. They won't listen to a word I say. They're going to say, 'God? Appear to him? Hardly!”
     Exodus 4: 10 – “Please, I don't talk well. I've never been good with words, neither before nor after you spoke to me. I stutter and stammer.”
     Exodus 4: 13 – “Oh, Lord, please! Send somebody else!"

 What God sees when He looks…
      We find it hard to see ourselves through God’s eyes… We struggle to have as much faith in ourselves as God has in us!
      In God’s eyes we are lovely. Perfect!
      God’s looks at us with a big smile – and dreams great dreams…
      And God only has the best in mind for us!

 CLIP

 Look at your life through heaven’s eyes
     May you stop seeing the worst in you and start noticing the best in you…
     May you see yourself as God sees you!
     May you trust God that He has the best in mind for you…
     May you follow where God leads and not make excuses…


Oordenking
Dit het ‘n brandende bos gevra om vir Moses aan te spreek en anders te laat dink. Was daar al ooit ‘n brandende bos in jou lewe? Iets wat jou anders laat dink het of aangespreek het?

God sien en hoor die pyn van die Israeliete in Egipte. Hy luister en wil iets daaraan doen.
  • Wat leer ons hieruit van God?
  • Wat leer ons van onsself?

Moses het nie gedink hy is goed genoeg vir God se taak nie. Wat maak dit vir jou moeilik om voluit vir God te leef?

In die lig van Moses se verhaal – wat moet jy anders doen?






No comments:

Post a Comment